baby
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

So waar!

'n Vriendin van my (ook 'n nuwe mamma) het die volgende vandag vir my ge-email. Ek kan nogals identifiseer hiermee! Ek dink ook Franco is die mooiste, slimste, oulikste seuntjie op hierdie aardbol. :-)

"My mother loves to tell the story (and I love to hear it) about how, when she was in hospital (“the nursing home”) just after my birth, she would look at the other new mothers and feel such a sense of compassion and pity for them. The poor dears, their newborns were no where near as beautiful as hers, they must be feeling terrible.

I’ve always been very conscious about NOT being one of those parents who are blinded by parental love and who believe that their little Johnny or Susie is just THE most beautiful and clever and talented and gifted child in the universe. I am sure all parents think their offspring is the best.

However, I understand where my mother was coming from. I don’t mean to rub it in, and this is totally objective of course, but damn, my kids are remarkably intelligent and exceptionally good-looking. They get that from me, you know.

We had some kids over to play on the weekend and I said to Marko, “now be honest, tell me that our children aren’t exceptionally gifted in comparison!?” He replied “you know, you are right. And it is not just us who say so, other people (my mom, his mom) say so too!”

I feel sorry for those other kids, poor things. No where near as gorgeous and skilled as mine, but not to worry, I am sure they have a really lovely handwriting. "

3 comments:

Charmaine said...

Maar dis baie waar. Alle ouers sal saamstem. Die kraai dink ook sy eier is die witste... :-)

Muriel said...

whahaha dis so waar! Ek dink ook my kinders is die oulikste goedjies wat die aardbol nog getref het!!!

Dorette said...

Lyk my al die mooi, oulike kinders kom van Suid-Afrika! :-)